Children between the ages of 5 and 17 inclusive can register with a Little Athletics Centre. Athletes age groups are determined by their age at midnight on 30 September in the year the season begins i.e. 30 September 2016 for 2016-17 season. For example: an athlete who turns 9 years between 1 October 2016 and 30 September 2017 will compete in under 10’s age group.
Proof of age (e.g. birth certificate or passport) is required to be sighted by the Registrar for all first time Lanyon Little Athletics athletes.
Children who turn five years of age during the season (between 1 October 2016 and 31 March 2017) may be registered for the season however these athletes remain in the Under 6 age group for two seasons. To register for the 2016-17 season, children must have turned five years on or before 31 March 2017.
Lanyon Little Athletics fees for the 2016-17 season are as follow:
- $120 per athlete when registered and paid before 31 August 2016
- $140 per athlete when registered and paid on or after 1 September 2016
Registration fees include the cost of:
- ACT LAA registration and affiliation fees ($70) including entry into ACTLAA organised relay and mulit-event carnivals and ACTLAA Championships,
- insurance while competing,
- all regular competition meets,
- Lanyon Little Athletics training,
- end of season trophies,
- general running costs including ground hire, equipment purchases and utility charges.
In a joint initiative, Athletics ACT and the ACT LAA have made the pathway to senior athletics easier. Dual registration provides the opportunity for athletes U12 to U17 to experience the broader world of senior athletics, while still retaining their links with Little Athletics.
Athletes who have paid the registration fee for Athletics ACT, will have the ACTLAA fee subtracted from their membership with LLA.
To register online, please click here.